Friday, June 28, 2019

Wingham Show 2019

Wow, i've just realised it's almost a year since my last post!
We are still on the road travelling around Australia in our caravan.
I don't have a computer with me and its hard blogging on my phone.
In March I entered 3 items into the Wingham show and I
won 1st prize in the crochet knee rug section with my own pattern.







This is a photo of the blanket before the border was added
64 squares with 4 colours is a lot of ends, over 500,
so not for the faint hearted.
I actually don't like sewing ends in as I have a nickel allergy,
 but i did the ends as I went and it wasn't too bad.
When you have a strong enough desire to
achieve something, it's a case of mind over matter,
you will find a way.





For the middle star rug, I undid all the
squares from this post and re-made it
into one blanket.
The pink blanket on the left is
Rings of change by  Frank O'Randle
using Magic Light by Ice Yarns in pink shades #22021




No comments:

Post a Comment