Monday, May 1, 2017

Wingham Show 2017

before I undid the border
I haven't done much crochet or knitting for a few months
as we were in Queensland and Northern Territory
and it was very very hot and humid.
I was planning to post after the Wingham Show
but due to a large rainfall it was cancelled.
Recently I ordered an Ice Yarn I haven't tried before
Favourite Magic # 46970
in green turquoise grey orange yellow shades
4 balls made 3 lap rugs.
It is a soft yarn similar to Magic Light
with a slight sheen to it and it's very nice to work with
For the first blanket I used a pattern based on the Blue Star
I decided to pull the yarn from the middle
and just keep going to see how the colour changes worked
The second border version
After I did 9 rounds of granny stitch on the outside border
I decided I didn't like the look so I frogged it
Luckily I remembered to take a photo first
and used a rust colour to do mosaic stitch
which is basically granny stitch alternated
with a row of chain and sc
The 2nd blanket I used rust for the star border
 and  every 2nd row of the granny stitch border
The 3rd is my favourite, it's the same as the 2nd
but with peacock green used instead of rust

rust alternated granny border
my favourite version






No comments:

Post a Comment