Friday, June 28, 2019

Mountain Form Toe-up pattern update

I've made a few of these in the past year.
Take a look at the pictures below the pattern.
It seems I make a pair and either someone
sees them while I'm making them or after
I've gifted them & there is another request for a pair.
I gave my pair away so now have to make myself
a new pair. I have re-written the pattern,
I take notes as I go so that the 2nd slipper
is the same as the first.
Here is the amended pattern

Toe up Mountain form slippers/bed socks
based on a pattern  by  Wakako Sato
10 ply wool and 4.5mm needles 9 wpi (wraps per inch)
I have also used a thick 8 ply as well as magic light which is 8ply
and around 12 wpi just requires extra rows (see the pink slipper below)
cast on 7 sts using wrap/turkish method (14 sts in total)
continue knitting in the round using the magic loop method


1st row: knit
2nd row: *k1, increase in next stitch, knit to last 2 stitches, increase in next stitch, k1* 

for both sides of slipper.
Repeat last 2 rows 6 more times until 42 stitches (21sts each side)

knit in the round for 3.5cm (stocking stitch) 
*tip: make a note of how many rows for making the next slipper
Knit 1, purl 1 rib for 20 stitches and slip next stitch onto back needle

repeat Knit1, Purl 1 rib for *6.5 to 7.5cm (*depending on size of foot)
*take note of the number of rows
*note: you need to leave enough room to get the foot in the slipper
Foot opening:
(Knit 1, Purl 1) 5 times, cast off 1 stitch (this is the middle).
You will now be working back and forth-not in the round and turning after each row
Round 1: Knit 
Round 2: Knit 13, Purl 1, Knit 13, Purl 1, Knit 13.
Repeat last two rounds until measures *8cms from Rib pattern. 
(*again depending on size of foot) take note of the number of rows
cast off and sew back seam OR graft with kitchener stitch.























No comments:

Post a Comment