Sunday, August 26, 2012
16 Days of Summer it's all about balance
I decided that I wasn't going to be
happy with the balance of the squares.
In particular the square with burgundy
as the background colour & the one
with lots of green. So I made the
decision to go from 4x4 to 5x5 sqs.
I added some new patterns that took
the total to 18 different patterns &
I used the same patterns in slightly
different colours as you can see
in the photo below.
I now have 23 squares & I only
have 2 more wiggle squares to finish.
The last 2 squares are in the middle row
& I've already finished sewing the top
and bottom rows together.
Now I have to chose how to do the
border. I am leaning towards using
the pattern in this photo, it's easy
& looks effective. I might make a few
squares using different background
colours & then decide.
I'm not sure if I should change the
name of the blanket as it now
doesn't have 16 squares, but I did
make it during the Olympics!