Saturday, April 28, 2012

health and hysterectomy

Its been a week since I had my hysterectomy. I'm recovering well, much better than I was hoping for. Yesterday was my DD 20th birthday & i've been reflecting, while I am not allowed to do anything.
I complained to a doctor over 5 years ago about problems I was having & he told me to get used to it. For the next 4 years I had heavy periods fortnightly with bad pains & I'm allergic to feminine products. I found a new doctor who took me seriously & he found I had a 6cm fibroid. After a year on the surgical waiting list, I had another 2. I had someone say to me just days before the operation that they had never seen anyone so excited about having an operation. Well there are 2 reasons for that, I was looking forward to the "other side", also at my pre-admission, the doctor said he was so impressed with my regaining my health, that he wanted me to continue my shakes in hospital. He asked if I was on a CPAP machine for sleep apnea, I told him I don't even snore (according to hubby) he also asked about my BP medication, told him I wasn't on any and BP was down from 200/120 to normal. Today I weighed myself and I have lost 8kg in 8 weeks, that makes a total of  14kg since December 2010. It's hard not to be jumping out of my skin.

  

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are feeling positive and staying healthy. Looking forward to seeing you after our move to Qld xox

    ReplyDelete