Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Show Blanket

Here are pics of the blanket I
entered at the show I spoke
about here
It is a variation of my charity
Stained Glass Butterfly Square

After I was made redundant last
November travelled north to visit family. 5 hours by rail to my Mums,
then another 8 1/2 hour train trip
to Queensland to visit my Aunt
and sister. 
So I had a lot of spare time for my
crocheting. 
I was away for 4 weeks
and spent my time making this.
I took it with me when I visited
the lovely ladies at the Beenleigh
Knit N Natter meeting.
They were so welcoming and I
had never met any of them, 
I "knew" a few of them via emails
and the yahoo group K4C.
When they saw it, it was in pieces.

The blanket was made with 3
long continuous strips of
 "stained glass" then the
butterfly squares were sewn
into 2 strips then joined together. 
It certainly shows my love of 
variegated wool, I used 
31different colours.

Here it is on display at the show.
They have the craft items 
displayed behind chicken wire, probably to stop people touching.

3 comments:

  1. 31 differernt colours,that is incredible.. well done :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great rug Jane. How did it go in the show?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Pat 31, I find it hard to walk past variegated wool. I will really have to post a photo of my stash one of these days.
    Thanks Dorothy, the rug didn't win a prize, but hopefully it may have inspired someone to pick up their hook and enter next year.

    ReplyDelete