Wednesday, November 16, 2016

more dancing baby crochet

We have been travelling through the red centre and while I had little or no phone coverage
I made a cute little crochet jacket in ice yarn dancing baby #24560
Blue camel and white shades using baby boy cardi pattern,
it has star stitch which I haven't done before






With the remaining last ball, I decided to make another miniGalaxy by Frank O'Randle by adding matching scraps from my stash.
I think I spent more time working out the colours than it took to make!
EDIT: 9/10/17 I won first prize
                       
I used scraps of:
White for rounds 1-4, 27 & 28, 34 & 35
Beige for rounds 5 to 7, 36 to 38
Brown for round 8 & 39
Light blue for rounds 9 to 12 & 29
Med blue for rounds 13 to 15, 30 to 32
Dark blue for rounds 16 & 17 & 33
& 1 ball of Dancing baby for rounds 18 to 26

In my last Post I posted 2 mini galaxy of change blankets, I really enjoy making this pattern
 and I have already started another rainbow blanket with red in the centre this time.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting looking yarn. Jackets and mini galaxy are very pretty. Are you still travelling?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Dorothy, it's been 6 months now, we left Sydney up to Cairns across Atherton to Karumba then down to Tennant creek, Alice Springs and Uluru, Coober Pedy, Clare Valley and now in South Australia @ Murray Bridge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What an amazing experience. We used to live in Adelaide way back in the 80s - always enjoyed browsing around Hahndorf - go there if you get the opportunity. Have you found any good yarn shops on your travels?

      Delete
    2. Yes Hahndorf is great to browse around, there is a great winery there where you can have chocolate tasting with matching wine yummo. Haven't seen many yarn shops, we arrived in Clare on a Sunday and their yarn shop was closed

      Delete