Saturday, August 22, 2015

Magic Sweaters

younger
I'm really enjoying making these little jackets with this pattern,
the only downside is that it only has one size.
I said in my previous post that I wanted to make one that will grow with the baby and fit for longer.
I was thinking with the sleeves folded up with the fronts overlapped when it's slightly too big, as in the first pic.
 So I decided to add a shell edging to the body and sleeve edges.
older
Its Panda Magnum soft prints. it was a lovely yarn to work with.
It took up most of the 100gm ball, not much leftover at all.
I have had a few people ask me about the pattern, there is a typo and I will explain the folding in the pattern photos.
None of this will make sense unless you have the same pattern.
photo #3 shows the jacket folded in half with the turning ends meeting in the middle. photo #4 you take the turning end on the right side from the middle and spin it up and to the right. Do the same with the left side and it will look like photo #5. Now take the blue section at the top and fold it down to the blue strip at the bottom for photo #6. You will have from left to right, pink which is the starting chain, 2 folded sections followed by another pink starting chain section with starting chain edge behind your work, the short sides at the left and right are the turning edges.
Now for the Typo, on page 2, Top of Back,
the pattern says:
Round 1. Ch2, dc in each chain across 9 including chain with 8 dc together)
it should read:
Ch2, dc in each chain across (including chain with 8 dc together)
hope this helps those who have had trouble



No comments:

Post a Comment