Friday, April 29, 2011

Competition Winner

A big thank you to everyone who entered and to all those who made comments along the way.
Just a reminder about how the competition started, take a look here
and you can find the pattern here
I had a hard time naming this square by myself, so I put it out there for some help.
Some of the names I came up with were Joyces' Choice, Tussie Mussie,
I won't bore you with the whole list.
Before I announce the winner I want to say that all the squares were lovely in their own right.
Grandmas garden window, Violetta and Cherry Blossom were highlighted with darker colours
 and are very special.
Grandmas Garden Flower, The flower garden square and re-joyce-ing had a dapple to them that reminded me of a garden in partial shade.
Bluebell, Blueberry, Joyful pickings, round and round the garden, Marvin and Sleeping violet were all lovely shades of blue, pink, mauve and burgundy.
Feather Joyce and Floral fantasy are both in variegated colours, which I am such a fan of.

I enlisted my Mum for help with the judging and we both
(thankfully) agreed on the winner.
Based solely on the name of the square we chose
"Re-Joyce-ing"
Congratulations Nicole from Sunshine Acres in
Queensland, which is on the East coast of Australia,
not far from Fraser Island.

 Nicole entered 5 squares, Floral fantasy,
The flower garden square, Grandmas garden flowers
and Grandmas  garden window, so she had a very good
chance of winning.


Her prize is a copy of Leisure arts 99 Granny squares
to crochet, you can see inside the book  here 
I hope you enjoy your prize Nicole.
I will post it on Monday.

1 comment:

  1. A lovely choice for the winner! We were very happy to particpate and would love to see a picture of the blanket when the squares are joined together xo

    ReplyDelete