Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Thanks Pam

I must say that i have had the butterfly square in the making for a few years now.
I have 2 friends (Anne and Denise) who like butterflies and a sister who does too.
But i think the main reason was because my Nan taught me to knit and crochet and also passed on her love for variegated wool! I wanted a pattern to show off the variegated wool.....hopefully others will come to love it as much as me. I was asked a couple of times for the pattern, so had to sit and actually write one, then i re-wrote it a few times again! I would really, really like to thank the ever-patient Pam, AKA the founder of K4C (knit 4 Charities) for assisting me in making it user friendly.
I think that if she had a dollar for every email we have exchanged, she might be VERY rich!
Anyway this pattern has been gifted to K4C &  Kerry from www.busyhandswarmhearts.bravehost.com


this picture shows a slight variation of the final pattern

3 comments:

  1. I love the butterfly blanket! great that you managed to write the pattern. Maybe I can even make one someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic that you were able to write the pattern up and I can't wait to see how the charity blankets turn out - they will be wonderful
    It was very kind of you to share it with the group

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please....can you share the pattern on SIBOL - The Archive!
    www.sibol-thearchive.blogspot.com

    Please can you share the story on SIBOL?
    www.sunshineinternationalblanketsoflove.blogspot.com

    I'll send you an invitation, would you team blog with us?
    Thank you,
    Hugs Suex

    ReplyDelete