Friday, August 19, 2011

On my mind

I haven't posted for a while,
the reason is that I was busy
putting photos of my son  into
a movie as he was turning 21.
I had never done it before and
without any help I muddled through.
I finally worked out that I had to
save the work after making just
a few changes rather than after
a dozen or so. Anyway I spent
so much time on the computer
that I ended up straining my neck.
I ended with pain from one hand
right through my shoulders to the
other hand and  numbness in my arms and hands
I was also having trouble sleeping, I think the large amount of recent  knitting didn't help either.
So NO crochet and NO knitting and limited computer time  for 3 weeks now.
Anyway I hope you like my favourite photo of him.
To see what's on other peoples mind, head on over to Rhonda's Down to Earth blog

5 comments:

  1. Lovely photo! Sorry to hear of how much pain you've been in; the numbness in your hands and arms would have been a bit scary! :-( Take care and hopefully all will be back to normal soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to the birthday boy and what a handsome lad he was (no doubt still is) ....
    I'm glad to hear you're not overdoing it with the knitting/crochet/computer and hope everything settles down for you soon. I know how frustrating something like that can be as I've had a similar, but not as bad, problem myself and not crocheting for a few days is no fun ! Look after yourself. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya, just popped over from Rhonda's Blog. What a very cute photo! no doubt one to be shown at the big party? I cannot imagine getting to the point of preparing for a 21st with my boys but I know it'll happen one day. It must be very surreal. Good on you for sticking with it and working out how to do your movie. I'm sure he will love it and it'll make all the pain you've unfortunately endured worth it. Take care, rest up and enjoy your boy's 21st :) Regards, Ruth http://comesmelltheroses.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a cute photo...they grow so fast. today little ones tomorrow 21 year olds! I empathize with your neck troubles. Similar troubles plague me too...what a pain in the neck! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your comments ladies, when my son was young I had a few comments that he was an old soul and he sure was cute (not biased ha ha)
    Hopefully it won't be long before I'm back in the swing of things, I'm not going to make a comeback until I'm sure I'm on the mend. I don't want to do too much too soon and setback my recovery. It is frustrating not crafting and I feel a bit lost at times, but I'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete